Thursday, November 15, 2012

HIGHLIGHTS OF A RECENT MANILA TRIP


Crab at Fook Yuen in Banawe

Mixed vegetables

Home made fishball soup

Supreme comfort drink: Sago't gulaman

Pata tim: We took this home, we just could not fit it into our tummies

My huge crab claw

Fried frog's legs

And the dish I always eat in Manila, no matter what: oyster omelet

Dulcinea's churros con chocolate: no equal

While I wasn't impressed with most of Cue's food, the chili monggo I thought brilliant.
Chez Karine. Lovingly made French pastries and macarons by my high school seatmate Chef Karen Yang.

Soft shell crab salad. An average choice.
                                          
Nomama's tuna appetizer. Beautifully presented.
Nomama's braised ox tongue ramen. I inhaled this one.
Stuffed squash flowers with prawn and pork. Would love to try making this at home. Clever.

Twice cooked pork belly teriyaki. Similar to my mom's humba. Sticky and delicious.

Chez Karine
Serendra Mall, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig

http://www.chezkarine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/chezkarinebakery 
Nomama
G/F FSS Bldg 2, Scout Tuason cor Scout Castor St.,
Quezon City, Philippines 542-2558

No comments:

Post a Comment